200th Geocache Find

Looking over Golden from Lookout Mountain
Today I got a chance to do a little bit of geocaching, I have been sitting at 199 finds for a little while now, I was kid of hoping to make my 200th find a little more interesting.  Better for it to have a good story, at least I thought so.  I decided to go after a cache called Annie's Friend.  It is a virtual cache, which means that there is no log book, in this case you get to the general area, then have to locate a certain plaque.  To count the cache as a find you must send the creator of the cache an e-mail with three names of individuals that are on the plaque.
The reason that I chose this particular cache was because of the location.  It isn't just some random location, it is actually on the walkwawy to Buffalo Bill Cody's Grave on Lookout Mountain.  If you don't know where that is, it is just weat of Denver.  Many people that have driven through the area will have seen the big letter "M" that the Colorado School of Mines has near the top of the mountain.  At right is a photo I took last year from near the cache, as you can see it has an excellent view of the denver area.
I hadn't been to Buffalo Bill Cody's grave and memorial in many, many years.  It was something that my parents took me to when I was a kid.  If you haven't been, I would suggest you check it out.  There is a gift shop and small museum there as well, plus there are a few nature hikes that start from the parking lot.

If you are looking for more geocaching in the area, there are several caches along the road from Golden to the Buffalo Bill Museum.  Stop and log some caches while you enjoy the view.  You won't regret it.

Now that I have found 200 geocaches, I am looking forward to the next 200.  Did you reach a milestone recently, or have you hand picked a geocache for a certain time?  Let me know in the comment section below.

Some previous posts on caching:

Comments

  1. Congrats!

    I just hit a milestone today myself - find #2000. I don't usually select an interesting cache for milestones - I'm an opportunistic cacher, I cache whenever I can. I think find #100 is a LPC, and #200 is a puzzle final that's a LPC...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congrats on your #200!

    I think the only milestone that we went out of our way to make REALLY special was our number 100

    we travelled over to Ireland (from England) to find GC43 - the first ever cache placed in Europe. It was quite the adventure :)

    we also engineered a 5 star difficulty puzzle cache, that had been taunting me for over a year, to be our #300.

    we're now at 332, and will probably try to think of something special to do for #500, when that one rolls around (it might be a while yet - we do a lot of caching but mainly one offs, we're not so keen on series and power trails so we don't ramp up the numbers as quickly as most)

    I also would like to find something halloween themed or otherwise "demonic" for our 666th cache, just for fun :D We already did a cache by the infamous Hellfire Caves in the UK -that one would have been perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts